The purpose of “Iris for FBR Officials – Mobile Workforce Management” application is to conduct Physical Verification Survey for taxpayers who have just applied for Sales Tax Registration. This application is developed for Android Tablets supported by specialized Biometric devices. After Filing of Sales Tax Registration, applicant is required to get its Biometric verification done through any NADRA e-Sahulat center. As soon as NADRA Biometric Verification is successfully done, a Physical Verification visits of the premises of the applicant will be scheduled and assigned to Tax officers team as per jurisdiction. Verification team will visit the taxpayer premises on the scheduled date and will conduct the survey in accordance with all the required officials SOPs. All the data will be recorded using this application.
As the survey starts, team will head for the taxpayer’s premises. Upon reaching the premises of the taxpayer at the assigned address, the Team Lead must log in on their tablet and initiate the survey. At first, all members of the team (including the team lead) shall verify their fingerprints at the location (using GPS coordinates to verify their presence at the location) on the team lead’s mobile device. The taxpayer then verifies their fingerprints at the location (using GPS coordinates). Verification of the fingerprints is dependent on the availability of NADRA’s (bio-metric) fingerprint verification services. MWMS will enable to capture of fingerprints of the applicant and will match the fingerprints using NADRA’s online verification services. The team members then proceed with the survey to capture and record everything using the application’s audio-visual recording features. as per process, two tablets will be used to conduct a survey with on deice being used for information viewing, Biometric verifications, and data/evidence capturing. Other devices will be used for online broadcasting of the whole process and recording of videos as evidence and later attaching with the respective survey. The application also allows the users to capture required geo-tagged pictures of the premises, utility meters, etc. and attach any other pieces of evidence. The application displays a checklist also for all mandatory data (evidence) to be used by the team.
Iris for FBR Officials shall be installed on specified android tablets that are given to tax officials for conducting surveys. Tax officials can find the application icon under Apps list. Just tap on the application icon to get started and view the splash screen as shown below:
“Iris for FBR Officials’’ is an android application that can be used by authorized Tax Officials only. Tax officer can Sign-In to application by using their valid account credentials to start survey.
Following are the steps to login/Sign-In to FBR Official – Survey application:
- Simply tap on the application icon, wait for splash screen to load. Log in screen will appear as shown below:
- Enter user ‘CNIC’.
- Enter user password.
- Click login button.
- Application will proceed if the Logged-in user currently hold a single post. in case, Tax Officer holds multiple post/roles assigned, then a list of all posts will shown to select one of these to proceed as shown below:
- Select the desired post/role and click “Done” to continue login.
Iris for FBR official provides the main menu in the form of a left panel that can be accessed by clicking on the menu icon provided at the top left corner of the application’s home page as shown below:
- Tax Official name: It displays the name of tax official that is conducting survey.
- Designation & Role: Role and designation of a tax official who is conducting survey will be displayed here.
- Home: Return to main home page of Iris for FBR Officials.
- Visits: Allow tax officials to access and view assigned surveys.
- About Us: Allow user to view current version and description of Iris for FBR Officials.
- Log out: Allow tax officials to log out from Iris for FBR officials.
View Assigned Visits
- Click on menu button provided at the top left corner of the application’s home page as shown below:
- Application will load the Visits link in left panel under the Logged-in user information as shown below:
- To view assigned visits, click on the Visits link from the left panel, application will redirect user on “Assigned Visits” details page as shown below where tax officer can view all the assigned visits that are pending or overdue:
- To view help regarding how to proceed, There is an icon on the top right of the page for the users seeking help, by clicking this it will redirect tax officer to the user guide portal.
In order to proceed with any of the assigned visits, following are the step-wise instructions to be followed by the tax officers Team Lead:
- Select/Tap any visit from the list of assigned visits as shown below:
- Wait for the application to redirect user to that particular visit detail as shown below:
- Tax officer can view the following details about the taxpayer and can read any special instructions written for the tax official moreover,
- By clicking video icon on the top right of the page as shown below, Tax officer can record the survey proceedings to be viewed by concerned authorities. it is advised that this proceed should be initiated on secondary Tablet so that main process of survey is not affected.
- On the visit details page click on team, Tax officer can view marked attendance of Team lead and other team members.
- Note: It is mandatory for tax official after reaching the premises of the taxpayer at the assigned address; all members of the team (including the team lead) shall be required to verify their fingerprints, at the location (using GPS coordinates to verify their presence at the location) on the team lead’s mobile device.
- Click on “Proceed” button as shown below:
Bio-metric team Attendance(s)
In order to proceed with survey steps, Tax officers are required to verify their fingerprints at the location or they will not be able to complete the survey without bio-metric verification. The steps required for bio-metric verification are as follows:
- Select the member, simply by tapping on desired member name, for bio-metric verification from the provided list of team members as shown below:
- Then select the desired finger/thumb button to get fingerprint of the selected member as shown below:PleasePlease make sure that specified Biometric device is attached to this tablet before you proceed.
- Now click on Scan button and place selected finger/thumb on the biometric device to get the verification completed as shown below:
- On successful verification, the system will mark the verification status of selected member in green as shown below:
- Repeat this process for each each team member until attendance of all team members is completed.
- Once the verification is done, Click on “proceed” button as shown below:
View Visit Checklist
After marking attendance and click on “Proceed”, tax officer will be able to view Visits Checklist. This checklist includes all the aspects/steps that are required to be performed for completion of the survey as shown below:
Taxpayer NADRA Verification
The taxpayer shall be required to verify their fingerprints at the location (using GPS coordinates to verify their presence at the location). The verification of the fingerprints is dependent on the availability of NADRA’s (bio-metric) fingerprint verification services.
MWMS will enable to capture fingerprints of the applicant and will match the fingerprints using NADRA’s online verification services. Following are the steps to perform Taxpayer verification:
- Click “Taxpayer NADRA verification” from visit checklist as shown below:
- Number of options in List may vary based on type taxpayer (i.e. in case case of individual taxpayer, his/her information will appear while for AOP/Company, list of all Partner, Directors, Principal Officer, Legal Representative (as applicable), may appear. Select the desired taxpayer record from the screen and select the appropriate finger/thumb option, click on scan button and placed selected finger/thumb on biometric device to verify finger prints as shown below:
- Upon successful NADRA verification of selected taxpayer, Click on “proceed” button to move on next checklist item as shown below:
Following are the steps to capture entailed geo-tagged pictures of the premises:
- Select “Premises” from visit checklist.
- Application will load following screen for Tax officer to view “Visit Attachments”:
- Enter Remarks (if any) and click on capture button to capture pictures of premises.
- After Tax officer capture image attachment will appear under camera icon.
- Click on delete icon if user wants to delete the captured picture.
- Click on view icon if user wants to see the captured picture.
- In the remarks field tax officer can write remarks (optional) related to premises. Kindly note that remarks must be entered before capturing the picture so that they will appear with attached image as shown below:
- Note: At least one premises picture attachment is mandatory to complete the survey.
Tax officer is required to capture entailed geo-tagged pictures of the machinery for completing their survey through following steps:
- Click on “Machinery” tab directly from “Premises” screen or select “Machinery” from visit checklist as shown below:
- Application will load machinery information as shown in below image. Click on video icon to record everything using the audio-visual recording and broadcasting feature, tax officer can either upload it from gallery as well.
- Click on capture button to capture pictures of machinery. Please note that textual information (wherever applicable), must be entered before attaching picture.
- Attachment will then appear under capture icon as shown below:
- To delete already attached image, click on delete icon to delete the captured picture of machinery.
- Click on view icon to view the attached picture.
- In the remarks field tax officer can write remarks related to machinery (optional) present at the site. Kindly note that remarks must be entered before capturing the picture so that they will appear with attached image.
Tax officer are required to capture entailed geo-tagged pictures of the Utility meters for that he need to follow steps as given below:
- Select “Utility Meter (s)” tab directly from previous screen or select “Utility Meter(s)” from visit checklist as shown below:
- Application will load Utility Meter screen as shown below where user can click on video icon to record Utility meters using the audio-visual recording:
- Select Utility meter type by clicking on drop-down icon.
- Enter meter reference number. Without providing reference number user will not be able to capture any picture, this reference number will appear with captured image.
- Enter “sub meter reference no.” this is optional; it will also appear with captured picture.
- Click on capture button to capture pictures of utility meters, once image is captured it will appear under capture icon.
- Click on delete icon if tax officer wants to delete the captured picture of utility meters, delete icon will appear only after he captured image.
- Note: In order to complete the survey, tax officer must need to attach images of utility meters along with their reference no’s.
Following are the steps for adding other evidences/documents:
- Select “Other Evidence” from visit checklist as shown below:
- Following screen will appear where user can click on video icon to record everything using the audio-visual recording and broadcasting feature.
- Enter Evidence Title first as without it tax officer cannot attach or capture any evidence.
- Enter Remarks if any, it is optional. They will appear with attached file or with captured image respectively.
- Click on the capture icon as shown below to capture pictures require aiding evidence, captured image will appear under attachment icon.
- Click on the delete icon if user want to delete the captured picture, icon will appear in front of attached picture as shown below:
- Click on view icon as shown below to see attached image:
- Click on the attach file icon as shown below to attach any file or document to aid evidence:
- For already attached file, click on the delete icon if tax officer want to delete the attached file. Delete icon only appears in front of attached attachment as shown below:
Verify Picture(s)/ Document(s) Attached with ST Registration Application
For verifying all those documents that Taxpayer attached at the time of filing of ST registration application, following are the steps to get the checklist:
- Select “Verify Picture(s)/ Document(s) Attached with ST Registration Application” from visit checklist.
- Application will load documents checklist for all provided documents as shown below:
- By default, they are marked as red. After verifying it the tax officer can mark it as verified by enabling the button as green as shown below:
- Click on “Proceed” button as shown below, it will redirect tax officer to next step.
It is compulsory for tax officials to insert comments/conclusion at time of completing the survey. Following are the steps for submitting the closure steps:
- Select “Closure Report” from visit checklist as shown below:
- Application will load following screen for Tax Officer to enter visiting remarks:
- The Tax Officer can also provide recommendation (Optional) be enabling the provide button to green as shown below:
- After providing remarks and recommendation, Click on “Save” button to complete the survey as shown below:
Note: The survey will only get saved if all checklist items are marked completed including bio-metric verification. Incomplete survey will load warning for the tax officer to complete the process.
Once the Survey is submitted, it will be removed from the Visits list of the current user and will be available to his/her supervisor for further proceedings.
Note: On first installation, this application will require you to allow certain permissions that include Audio/video recording, photos/gallery, file access , table information and GPS permissions. if you do not allow all these permissions, application may not perform as required. GPS/Location must always remain switched on on the tablet.